Sunday, August 31, 2008

Happy Birthday Addison Rose!




On Friday my sweet baby girl turned 3 years old. I can't believe it! It's so amazing to me that a few years ago I wasn't even sure whether or not I'd be able to have babies and now I have two perfectly healthy, beautiful children. Addison is pretty much an average toddler. Here are a few of her likes and dislikes:


She LOVES princesses, shoes, kitties & puppies, Mickey Mouse, bubbles, jelly beans, chicken on the bone, picking her nose, singing "I Am a Child of God", both of her grandmas & grandpas, playing dress-up, watching Disney movies on mommy & daddy's bed, swimming, fruit snacks, oatmeal.


She HATES bugs, having dirty hands, washing her hair, sharing with her brother, being told no, taking naps, shows that aren't cartoons, peas.


For her birthday we went over to Aunt Heather's house and had a Little Mermaid themed swim party. She had a blast playing with her cousins and got a fun surprise when grandma & grandpa Van Rij came. We knew they were coming to visit this weekend, but we didn't think they'd make it in time for her party. She got lots of fun presents and got to eat yummy cake & ice cream. She had a really good day!
On a side note, for those of you wondering, you can kind of see my new hair cut in this picture. No, it's not the crappy one. My sweet mother in law took pity on me and sent me some money to go get my hair fixed. It actually turned out really cute. Keep in mind in this picture that I had been swimming so it doesn't look all that great. It's still a very common cut in this area (probably half the women in any given store I go into has the same cut) but it's 100% better than it was before and it's about all that could be done with what was left of my hair without just shaving it off.

10 comments:

jori-o said...

Sigh...they grow up too fast, don't they? And your hair looks cute! It must be a great cut if it looks that good after swimming and wrangling birthday party peeps!

Julie said...

Yeah! So much fun! By the way...your hair looks cut in th epicture...this coming from a former vegas hair stylist ... so it can't be that bad! smile...it grows!

Julie said...

Yeah! So much fun! By the way...your hair looks cut in th epicture...this coming from a former vegas hair stylist ... so it can't be that bad! smile...it grows!

Anonymous said...

I can not believe I missed her birthday. Has it already been three years. How time flys when its not your child.lol
Addison is such a sweet little girl and I am so sorry about not calling her. Let her know that I will send you a card very soon.
And your hair is sooooo cute swim hair or not. It looks GREAT....
I bet the other one wasnt so bad either.. (keep getting it done by the person who did it this time.)
love ya
Auntie Julie

Heather said...

HAppy Birthday Addison Rose!!!

Jennifer Richins said...

How fun that your parents were able to come up for Addison's party. Parties are always much more fun when family is there.

I don't know what your hair looked like before, but it's cute now. Do you like it?

Trecia Estes said...

Happy late birthday, Addison. I was out of town with Joe but thought about you the whole time!!!

How fun that your parents were there. Cute theme idea. Perfect for the summer heat.

Cute hair, Hollie, but I know what you mean about the Utah bob. It's been there for years. I don't know if it just makes it easier to stay in "style" if the style never changes :o) Just be glad you lived in Utah when it happened....it's really cute on you, though! We love and miss you!

RC said...

HAPPY 3RD BIRTHDAY SWEET GIRL! WE STILL REMEMBER THE GREAT JOY WE FELT WHEN WE FOUND OUT YOUR MOMMY WAS GOING TO HAVE YOU. YOU WERE SUCH A HUGE SURPRISE, AND TRULY A MIRACLE. WE LOVE YOU SOOOO MUCH AND WE HAD SO MUCH FUN UP THERE WITH ALL OF YOU THIS WEEKEND, JUST WISH IT COULD HAVE BEEN LONGER.

get an eyefull of this... said...

Happy Birthday Addison!

(the hair is totally cute...I need a cut so bad. Will your mother in law take pity on me??) :)

Anonymous said...

[url=http://www.kfarbair.com][img]http://www.kfarbair.com/_images/_photos/photo_big7.jpg[/img][/url]

מלון [url=http://www.kfarbair.com]כפר בעיר[/url] - אינטימיות, [url=http://kfarbair.com/services.html]שקט[/url] . אנו מציעים שירותי אירוח מיוחדים גם יש במקום שירות חדרים הכולל [url=http://www.kfarbair.com/eng/index.html]סעודות רומנטיות[/url] במחירים מיוחדים אשר מוגשות ישירות לחדרכם.

לפרטים אנא לפנות לעמוד המלון - [url=http://kfarbair.com]כפר בעיר[/url] [url=http://www.kfarbair.com/contact.html][img]http://www.kfarbair.com/_images/apixel.gif[/img][/url]