Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Haircuts!

This blog comes with a disclaimer.



***If you have a history of getting upset with your daughters-in-law for not following your wishes then DO NOT continue reading.***


Jared desperately needed a haircut, so after much contemplation we also decided to cut the kids' hair too. This was the first haircut for both of them. I'm so sorry Dianna. I know that it's tradition to wait until the 1st birthday, but I just couldn't take it any more. Urban has needed his hair cut for at least 3 months now. It was so long, it went over his collar and covered up his ears. He looked kind of goofy, cute, but goofy. And my sweet Addison Rose, she's almost 3 years old and I've never been able to cut her hair. It's just so beautiful but I knew she at least needed a trim. And now it's kind of getting in the way when she sits on the toilet because it's so long. I couldn't bring myself to have them cut very much off. Just a little off the bottom and I also wanted her to have side-swooping bangs. I was kind of sad because I didn't get to see much of what was going on with Addison because I was holding Urban while he was getting his hair cut and they were done at the same time. Luckily Jared was there to take lots of pictures. Urban's stylist did a great job. It can't be easy to cut a squirming 9 month olds hair. He actually did pretty good though. He was smiling and flirting with all the girls. Addison did really well too. She was so excited to get her hair cut like Avery. We didn't tell her that her hair looks nothing like Avery's and luckily she hasn't caught on yet. Her hair turned out cute but I ended up cutting some more once we got home to make it look a little more like I wanted it to. Well needless to say they both look adorable. I think they could be bald and still be adorable. Here are some before and after pics.

Above: Do you see how badly this boy needed his hair cut?

Below: It makes him look so much older, it makes me sad!

There's not much of a difference here. She looks gorgeous no matter what and has such lovely locks. But see below with the bangs her hair just stays out of her face more and with the trim it's so healthy and flowy looking.

4 comments:

RC said...

I HAVE TO SAY THAT YOU COULD HAVE ALSO PUT UP A DISCLAIMER FOR YOUR PARENTS. YOU KNOW HOW YOUR FATHER IS ABOUT LITTLE GIRLS HAIR!

ISN'T IT HARD TO BE A PARENT SOMETIMES WHEN YOU ARE ALSO A "CHILD" AND YOU ARE TRYING TO PLEASE EVERYONE. :)

THEY BOTH LOOK ABSOLUTELY ADORABLE. I THINK YOU'RE RIGHT THOUGH, IN THAT NO MATTER WHAT, THEY WOULD BE ADORABLE.

ON A SIDE NOTE, HEY YOU KNOW URBAN LOOKS AS IF HE COULD BE ONE IN THAT PICTURE, YOU COULD ALWAYS LABEL IT THAT WAY, IN ORDER TO STICK WITH TRADITION. IN A FEW YEARS, NO ONE WILL REMEMBER ANYWAY!

Cowgirl at Heart said...

Your babies are sooooo cute! Urban is getting so big, he is looking more like Jared...Now that I'm retired I think a road trip is in order to Utah! I could pick your mom up along the way! We could go to Tai Pai.....yeah! Love you lots, kiss my babies for me

Trecia Estes said...

Your mother in law does NOT believe you need to wait until your baby is one....I am STILL a little about her giving Michael his first hair cut at 4 months without me knowing:o) All of my kids had to have hair cuts by 6 months.

The kids are so cute and SO BIG! I miss them soooo much!!!!

Jennifer Richins said...

How fun. They are both adorable. It must be haircutting season...'cuz it seems that everyone is doing it.