Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Thank goodness for sisters-in-law!

I've been very lucky to be able to live by Jared's sister Julie and his brother's wife Trecia for the past few years. They are so much fun to be around. I have learned a lot from both of them and they are always so willing to help whenever I need it. I am sad to be moving away from them, I will miss them a ton!



For my birthday Julie got me a gift certificate to a local nail place for a pedicure so the three of us went today for a girl's outing. This was the perfect present, we had so much fun. I've never had a pedicure before and I wasn't quite sure what I would think of it, but I loved it. We got to sit in massage chairs and just relax while our feet soaked. Then they massaged our legs and feet from the knees down and did a hot rock treatment. It felt so good and now my toes look so pretty. I'm so glad we were able to do this. I called my mom and sister and told them we would definitely have to all go get pedicures next time we were together. Thanks Trecia and Julie for introducing me to such a wonderful treat! I think I may be addicted already.


I felt like such a dork because since I had never had a pedicure before I was all excited and kept asking people to take pictures of us. I also kept asking questions because I didn't know what certain things were and some parts really tickled so I giggled a lot. They probably thought I was some sort of hillbilly who "ain't never been to no real salon in the city before"!


My feet are pretty, so pretty & white.

Here's the after pictures, aren't our toes so cute? I thought it would be fun to have you guess which foot belongs to which person. Julie said I couldn't use the picture of us wearing our flip-flops because since I had to have had mine for at least 15 years or so, people would know which foot was mine just because they would recognize the shoe. Just to clarify Julie, I've probably only had them for about 10 years! ;)

6 comments:

Cowgirl at Heart said...

Are you the one in the jeans? It is so fun to get pedicures. I get one once a month, my girlie treat to myself. I also have Grandma addicted, she loves them too! We have been going probably the last 4or 5 years to get ours done...count me in on the girlie pedicure thing. Glad your moving to Las Vegas! It will be nice to be closer to your Mom! P. S. I also get my nails done every 2-3 weeks...that's the girlie part of me. My nails are now a sparkly glittery cocoa color on the tips! Acrylic of course..that's what I use my tip money for

get an eyefull of this... said...

Hey! Jared gave me your blogspot so that we can keep up with you guys after you move. We have really enjoyed having you live next door to us, I think our neighbor "foursome" has been fun!Its hard to have you guys move because I think we have a pretty good neighborhood, but I totally understand it and we hope that this move is what you need it to be for you and your family. Take care.
Dawniele (we also have a blogspot!)

Heather said...

Very cute!!! I want to go get mine done now!!

Okay, I think you are the bottom, Julie is the left, and Tricia is the top?

Have a safe move.

RC said...

HOW FUN!!!! YES, YOUR FEET ARE SO PRETTY, SO PRETTY AND WHITE. I CAN'T WAIT UNTIL US GIRLIES CAN GO DO THIS TOGETHER, FUN TIMES ARE A COMING.

WELL, I STAKE MY MOTHERLY REPUTATION ON THE FACT THAT YOUR FOOT IS THE BOTTOM ONE, I'M GOING TO GUESS THAT JULIE'S IS ON THE LEFT AND TRICIA'S IS THE ONE ON TOP.

I KNOW THIS MAY SOUND SILLY, BUT I AM GOING TO MISS THE "GIRLS" OF MARICOPA TOO. I LOVED BEING ABLE TO SEE THEM, WHEN WE WENT OUT THERE TO VISIT YOU GUYS. :(

RC said...

P.S. THE REASON I'M SO SURE, IS BECAUSE EVERY SINCE YOU WERE LITTLE, THERE HAS ALWAYS BEEN ONE THING THAT REALLY BOTHERED YOU ABOUT YOUR FEET? BESIDES THAT, THOUGH, I WOULD KNOW THOSE TOOTSIES ANY WHERE. PERSONALLY, I THINK THEY ARE VERY LOVELY FEET, NOTHING WRONG WITH THEM AT ALL. :)

Hollie said...

Yep, most of you guessed it, I'm the foot on the bottom. You can tell because my second toe is longer than my big toe. I'm one of those weirdos!