Thursday, February 14, 2008

We "heart" food















As with most holidays in our household, Valentine's day was full of yummy food. I've come to realize that I focus way too much on food for special occasions. Oh well, what can I say? I have a problem, I LOVE FOOD! The day started out with heart shaped pancakes for breakfast, then for lunch we had heart shaped sandwiches. Later in the afternoon I made heart shaped sugar cookies to decorate and mini red velvet cakes to deliver to our family, friends and neighbors. (The picture doesn't look all that great, but they sure were good.) We truly are so very lucky to be surrounded by so many people who we love and who love us. I just wanted to do a little something to show our appreciation for them. Next, for dinner I made chicken alfredo & broccoli with pink & white heart shaped pasta and heart shaped garlic bread. Not to mention all of the candy we munched on here and there all day long! After our eating extravaganza, we gave the kids their cute little Valentine's books and goodies which paled in comparison to what both of their grandma's spoiled them with. =) All in all it was a great day, hectic, but good. I felt like I was cooking/baking all day long. Here are some cute shots we got of the kids. I wish the one of them hugging didn't turn out blurry. I still put it on here because I think it's absolutely precious.

2 comments:

RC said...

HOW SWEET, I "LOVE" HOW YOU GO ALL OUT TO MAKE THE HOLIDAYS SPECIAL. IT'S SO FUN AND MEMORIABLE FOR THE KIDS. YOU ARE AT LEAST THE THIRD GENERATION CARRYING ON THIS FAMILY TRADITION, I KNOW I LOVED IT AND HAVE SWEET MEMORIES, I KNOW YOU KIDS LOVED IT AND HAVE SWEET MEMORIES, I KNOW MY GRANDCHILDREN WILL TOO. I CAN NOT BELIEVE HOW MUCH URBAN HAS CHANGED AGAIN, SINCE THE LAST TIME I SAW HIM. THEY ARE BOTH SO DARN CUTE I JUST WANT TO SQUEEZE THEM. I JUST CAN NOT WAIT UNTIL YOU LIVE A BIT CLOSER, WE ARE LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING THEM AN YOU GUYS, MORE OFTEN. (AS MUCH AS WE ARE ALLOWED)! HEE, HEE,

Heather said...

Look at you Miss Martha!!! Looks like fun!! I love your kids! They are adorable. Caiden misses them too. He was smiling looking at these pictures and I asked him if he wants to squeeze Urban's cheeks, and he said "No, I just want to be with him at his house!" We LOVE you!