Tuesday, February 26, 2008

BOOKS, BOOKS, BOOKS!

Every night before bed and every day before her nap I always go in Addison's room with her and read her stories. We usually just read whatever books happen to be on her nightstand which is normally about 3 or 4. Well, when I walked into her room the other night this is what I found:
She actually did this for the first time right after Urban was born and did it a few times after, but it's been awhile. I think it's so cute, but it also makes me a little sad. I'm sure the reason she does it is because one of the few times we have together when it's just one on one alone time is when we're reading books before bed. I guess she's smart enough to realize that if we have to read ALL of these books then I'll be in there with her for a long time. Man, kids are so much smarter than we give them credit for. We didn't quite read all of these books, but I am trying to get better about finding more ways to spend alone time with Addison.

4 comments:

Heather said...

That's so cute. I love her nightstand too. I find it hard to find time for that one on one time with each kid too. It makes me sad because they grow up so fast.

RC said...

THAT IS SO SWEET, SMART, AND A BIT SAD. SHE IS SO PRECIOUS, I LOVE READING TIME WITH ALL THE GRANDKIDS. I'M SOOOOO EXCITED AND LOOKING FORWARD TO MORE READING TIME WITH ADDISON.
HUGS & KISSES

Cowgirl at Heart said...

Reading time was always a special time with Kris and Fritz...Kris has now carried on the tradition with his kids. He is the reader! I do it when I'm there and really enjoy it. Kaleb always tries to con me with "just one more story Grandma" and guess what it usually works! Addison is such a sweet little girl...can't wait to meet Urban!

Jennifer Richins said...

How adorable. Kids really are so much smarter than most people give them credit for.