Monday, March 22, 2010

Happy St Patty's Day!

Yeah, I know, I'm pretty late on this. But what else is new?

We had a really fun St Patrick's Day. I had intended on making green eggs & ham for breakfast, but woke up and realized I didn't have any green food dye. So we just had regular eggs. Oh well, maybe next year.

Then my friend Emily invited us over so we could make some yummy green treats and let the kids play together. Luckily she was prepared and had green food dye. =) We ended up staying over there almost all day. Thanks again Em!

For lunch we had green pancakes with delicious home made green syrup, and green jello.

Then we attempted to make mini rainbow cupcakes, but as you can see they ended up looking more like tye-dye than rainbows. They still tasted good, and that's all that matters right? As you can see the kids loved them.

Later that night, my sister's kids came over for a little while. I made some chicken & green mashed potatoes. I think I added too much dye though, they were REALLY green. We all had green tongues and I had some green surprises waiting for me in Urban's diaper the next day.


This part is really just for the grandmas. I know that nobody else really cares. So you can stop reading if you'd like, I won't be offended. Actually, I won't even know. =)
Delilah also had her 4 month check up on the 17th. I can't believe she's already 4 months old. She's getting so big and doing great! She's just like Addison was: 25th percentile for weight & 75th for height. She weighs 12 lbs. 1 oz. and is 24 1/2 inches long. It's always so sad to watch them get shots, but she did really well. This is such a fun age, starting to get interested in and playing with toys and interacting with other people. I love it!

3 comments:

RC said...

I got that they were rainbows with the pot of gold at the end.

Looks like tons of fun.

Oh our sweet little Miss, I can't believe how fast she is growing. She is just so precious.
(thank you for the update)

Anonymous said...

what fun...i never did this sort of thing and i am so excited to see you make every holiday...and every day...special for these little ones...i check your blog everyday in hopes of news and pics and you never disappoint...miss you all...Delilah looks so beautiful...I miss them all soooo much...love Di

Simply Dee said...

i had green pancakers tooo!