Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter!

We hope all of our family and friends had a wonderful Easter Holiday. We are so grateful for the true meaning of this day and all that it represents. I am so humbled to know that Jesus died for me and that He lives today.

I tried to explain the resurrection to Addison, which is not an easy task for a 3 year old. First she asked me when SHE died and came back to life. Then she told me that she knows Jesus lives because she sees Him every Sunday in church. How sweet she is! It's kind of funny though because every week in church she points and asks me why Jesus is sleeping. She's always referring to a man up on the stand who closes his eyes for a bit, but it always happens to be a different man.


Today was a BEAUTIFUL day! I'm so glad the weather was so nice. We did our Easter baskets together as a family this morning then later on we headed over to Heather's house for an egg hunt and dinner. It was so much fun. The kids had a blast. They are all so cute together.








On a side note: I made Addison's Easter dress and decided that I've given the seamstress thing a fair shot but I am done with it. It's just not for me and that's okay! Close up it is a mess, but from far away it actually looks pretty cute. Also, I must admit that at first I was not too excited about Urbi's Easter outfit. My mother-in-law bought it for him a couple of months ago and it just looked like a total pimp suit to me. Well, of course he looked absolutely adorable in it. How could he not? This is Urban we're talking about after all! He was pimpin', but in a super cute way. Sorry Dianna, but I didn't get a picture of the full outfit before he got brownie on it or fell and got it all messed up. But I will wash it and put him back in it to get some pics so you can get the full effect. =)
We love you all and miss you lots!

6 comments:

Jennifer Richins said...

I miss Easter egg hunts with little kiddos. How fun that you were able to do it all together.

RC said...

O.K. Seriously, every time I see a new picture of Urban, he looks another year older! Where did my "baby" Urbi go? Good thing he is so dang cute so I can over look the fact he is growing up W A Y to fast.

Addison looks adorable, and her outfit looks cute too, I think it's just your OCD, you're too tough on yourself. (Hmmmmm, wonder where you get that from)
he-he.

So glad you guys where able to get together, can't wait until we can do it again as a whole family.

Love ya guys,

Anonymous said...

Is it just me or does Urban (on the bike) look dead on like Jared?
Well The kids look addorable and like they had a great time. Everyone looks great and happy.
Love ya
Julie

get an eyefull of this... said...

You are funny. Sometimes its just easier to buy the dress than make it.

Love those beautiful snow covered mountains in the background.

Holly said...

Yay!! You didn't have to explain who you were so much, I remember you just from your first name!! How are you? You look so beautiful and happy, and your kids are beautiful. I'm so glad you found me. Fun!! Stay in touch, and say hi to your family for me.

The Lingo Family said...

Looks like lots of Easter egg fun. Oh and I think her dress is very sweet, and you are very brave -
I would never even attempt it.