Monday, December 8, 2008

My little ballerina

Addison started her dance class today and she is the cutest ballerina EVER! It's a ballet/jazz class for 3 to 4 year olds and we are all so excited. When Addison gets excited about something she turns into such a chatterbox. She's been talking about her dance class for days and talked my ear off all the way to the studio.


I'm so glad that she's so into it because she can be difficult when it comes to trying new things sometimes. That's part of the reason I wanted her to do this. I don't want her to be afraid to try new things. That way she can discover her true talents and find the things she really enjoys. I also figured the social interaction would be great for her. I hope she does well but more than that I hope she has fun.

Here she is telling me that she would see me later because she was going to stay and dance with her new friends.


She loved her first day. When we went to pick her up she told us she didn't want to leave. Unfortunately I didn't realize until after her class that out in the lobby there was a TV that showed the classes going on so the parents can watch their dancers (see the previous post on what an airhead I am) so I'll have to do that next time.


I can't wait for her first recital. How cute will that be?

5 comments:

jori-o said...

She is ADORABLE! I love little ballerinas! (That's what my amazon-woman Katerina wants to be when she grows up...

RC said...

OK, you totally got me on this post. Knowing your sense of humor I opened this post all ready for a laugh and expecting to see Urban wearing a tiara and twirling on his toes.

Instead...

It melted my heart. She is so adorable, she makes a beautiful ballerina, I'm so glad that she liked it, this will be so good and fun for her. You kept this a good secret.

Please let me know when her first little recital is and if at all possible I will come up for it.

Addison, you look so pretty, have fun and Grandma is so excited to see you dance next time I come up.

Love you,

Jennifer Richins said...

What a cutie patotie! I think all little girls should take dance, it's just so cute to watch.

Trecia Estes said...

Sooooo cute. Jenna cried the first 2 months of lessons at her age and Nathan freaks when I leave him in nursery. I am glad she is so excited. It makes it so much fun for everyone.

Anonymous said...

She is absolutly beautiful. I can not believe that she is brave enough to do that.. You go ADDI..
I wish I could be there to see her dancing I bet it is just precious.
Aunt Julie