Sunday, December 21, 2008

Gingerbread house

Is it still called a gingerbread house when it's made out of graham crackers? I don't know. Anyway, we decided to make one the other day so I searched our house to find lots of fun stuff to use. I was amazed that I had so much random stuff that I'm not sure where it came from or why I even had it, but it was all perfect for a gingerbread house. I'm pretty sure that Addison ate more frosting than she put on the house. That girl has a huge weakness for frosting.

Urban pretty much has a weakness for anything that's edible, and even some things that aren't! But that's okay, we love our big boy.
Here's the finished product. Isn't it so cute? Addison did a great job. Okay, so I helped out a little bit. At one point Addison asked me what she could do to help. It was then that I realized I needed to back off. =)

This picture cracks me up only because of what happened afterwards. I wish I got shots of that because it was hilarious, but instead I was too busy throwing the camera down and grabbing Urban off the table before he completely sabotaged our house. See how Addison is just innocently admiring her house while Urban is looking at it devilishly? Well, in about half a second flat he moved from that position to being completely on top of the table, swiping his hand across the right corner of the front yard and shoveling it into his mouth. He was so proud of himself, but got very upset with me when I put him down on the floor. Addison looked completely shocked, like she wasn't quite sure what just happened. After adding a little bit more frosting, some "coconut grass", green sprinkles, gumdrops for the walkway and pez for the fence it was all as good as new.

4 comments:

RC said...

YOUR GINGER BEAD HOUSE IS ADORABLE! GREAT JOB GUYS.

OH URBAN, THAT BOY JUST CRACKS ME UP, HE IS GETTING VERY CRAFTY THAT ONE, AND FAST. POOR ADDISON THOUGH, I BET SHE WAS IN SHOCK.

GLAD YOU WERE ABLE TO FIX IT.

Heather said...

CUTE pictures!

I don't blame Urban, your house looked delish!!!

Jennifer Richins said...

I've learned to never underestimate kids' sneakiness! When it comes to gettin' in to things...they're like ninjas...you never see them coming!

Your house turned out SO cute. You guys did a great job.

get an eyefull of this... said...

Way cute. I will have to make one next year. we used a pre boxed one...not so good.