Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Weekend Update!

My parents came up Friday afternoon to visit for the week. As usual we've had some great times together and had a fun filled weekend. Blaise, Caiden & Avery spent the night on Friday and spent most of Saturday with us so Heather & Jason could celebrate their 10th anniversary. We had fun running around, playing guitar hero, having a slumber party while eating yummy snacks and watching a movie and of course there were lots of cuddles.

What is it with kids and boxes?Later that afternoon we headed to Snow Basin which is a ski resort to ride a gondola up to the lodge at the top of the mountain. It was so much fun and so beautiful. We played and hiked around for a little while but some how this was the only picture I got...

probably because I was so fascinated by the bathrooms that was all I could focus on. I know this sounds strange but they were huge and gorgeous. There was actually a lady in there at the same time as me who couldn't figure out how to get out of the bathroom because there were so many mirrors and paths it was easy to get turned around. Anyway, luckily I am very much aware and not at all ashamed of how big of a sissy I am when it comes to cold weather so I brought sweaters for me and the kids. And boy am I glad because it was chilly up there. For some odd reason though Addison thought she had to have her hood up and wouldn't let anybody help her so she ended up looking like the above picture. (If you want to see more pictures you can look at my mom's or my sister's blogs.)
On Sunday we headed out to Jason's Uncle's farm. This may not sound all that exciting but the kids loved it. We brought their bikes out for them to ride around in the dirt and the girls thought it was the greatest thing in the world to feed the chickens and ducks in the pond. After hanging out for a bit we picked some peaches and headed out to lunch.

5 comments:

Heather said...

Thanks again for watching the kids for us. They always love going to play at your house!! I didn't get any pics of the farm, too busy having so much fun i guess! hee hee

RC said...

IT'S BEEN A BLAST SO FAR, CAN'T WAIT TO SEE WHAT OTHER CRAZY FUN WE HAVE. LOVIN' FAMILY TIME!

Trecia Estes said...

How fun! I am so glad that you get to live near your sister for this next chapter in your life. We miss you but I guess it's good to share. What fun memories Addison and Avery will have together. It must be so fun to have a cousin the same age near her.

Happy 10th anniversary, Heather. It only gets better from there!

Nick said...

How could you guys have all this fun with out me (sobs) just kiddin... Sounds like you guys have been havin a fun week. glad to hear it. Next time hopefully I can be there to enjoy it all!

Jennifer Richins said...

Sounds like a super fab weekend. How nice is it to live so close to Heather and have your kids know their cousins even better. I'm sure they're forming bonds and memories that will last a lifetime (just as you and Heather and I did when we were kids).