Wednesday, September 10, 2008

My Man!

I'm going to use this post to brag on my man a little bit. Today in the mail we received his Official Letter of Acceptance to Weber State University. I am SO PROUD of him. He has worked so hard for this. This may sound silly to some of you, but it has been a long, hard road for Jared. He basically dropped out of high school as a sophomore and just got his GED a couple of years later. Not because he's not smart or anything like that, just because he got wrapped up in some dumb teenage stuff and didn't care any more. Since we've been married he's gone to community college off and on, but has really taken it seriously the last couple of years (stressing over how to take care of your children will do that to you). He has been working his butt off working a full time job, putting in over time and taking classes at night all the while trying to balance family and church responsibilities. The past few semesters he's even managed to make it onto the Dean's List because of his fine academic performance. It's so cute too because when we get these letters in the mail informing us that he's made the Dean's List he always hangs them on the refrigerator. I love how good it makes him feel. He deserves to feel smart, he is extremely intelligent, he just never put forth the effort when he was younger. Being accepted at an actual University is just the confirmation he needs to know how great of a job he's doing. Of course getting that diploma will be the ultimate cherry on top but this will keep him motivated for the next 10 years. Gosh I hope it doesn't really take that long, it already feels like we've been doing this F-O-R-E-V-E-R!

So I wanted to include a picture of Jared along with this post but it turns out that as I started looking through our pictures I don't really have any pictures just of Jared. We have millions of pictures of the kids but none of ourselves. We'll have to remedy this, good thing I know a great photographer...Oh Heather, any plans this weekend? Anyway I did come across this gem but decided that I shouldn't post it because I felt embarrassed for Jared. When I told him, he said that he didn't care and thought I should put it on here because he thought it was funny. The reason we have such a picture is because in one of Jared's x-box games (Tiger Woods) you can download pictures of yourself to make your golfer character look like you. Funny story, I didn't know anything about these pictures. One day when I saw them on the computer I asked Jared why in the heck he took glamour shots pictures of himself. He had profile shots, straight on, close ups, etc. I must say I began to worry a bit about my husband. When he explained to me what they were for I'm not sure I felt much better. So here you have it, a beautiful self portrait from my genius!

8 comments:

Nick said...

Wow thats great, congrats Jared! Hopefully I can be in the same boat as you soon and get to working on my college. Defiantly kicking it in high gear knowing we are expecting a little one.

I will have to get over to Utah soon and play some Tiger woods with you. I will provide my own glamour shots by Deb as well Lol.

Heather said...

You a smat gurl Haw-hee. And you have a smat huzband.

Melanie said...

Congrats to Jared! College is rough, you have to admire anyone who has the perseverance to make it through.

RC said...

JARED, WE TOO ARE SO PROUD OF YOU. YOU MADE A PROMISE TO US WHEN YOU ASKED TO MARRY HOLLIE, THAT YOU WOULD CONTINUE TO SUPPORT HER HARD WORK AND DEDICATION AND MAKE SURE SHE GOT HER COLLEGE DEGREE. WHICH YOU DID. WE ARE SO GLAD THAT SHE IS NOW SUPPORTING YOU, AND IS YOUR BIGGEST CHEER-LEADER TO MAKE SURE THAT YOU NOW HAVE THE SAME SUPPORT TO GET YOUR COLLEGE DEGREE. WE KNOW WHAT A PERSONAL STRUGGLE THIS HAS BEEN FOR YOU, TRYING TO BALANCE IT ALL, FAMILY, WORK, EDUCATION AND CHURCH AND COMMUNITY DUTIES, BUT YOU HAVE DONE A GREAT JOB, WE ARE SOOOO PROUD OF YOU AND EVERY SUCCESS YOU HAVE EARNED ALONG THE WAY. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK, YOU ARE TRULY AN ISPIRATION. WE LOVE YOU.

Cowgirl at Heart said...

That's my Jared.....Keep up the good work. We to are so proud of you! You are a great husband, father and last, but not least person. I am proud to call you my nephew!

Jennifer Richins said...

Congratulations, Jared. That's exciting.

Trecia Estes said...

YAAAAY! I always knew you could do it, but I am so proud of the fact that you DID do it. Most people CAN do it, what separates you from so many of those is that you ARE doing it. Congrats Jared! We love you!!!!

Anonymous said...

Good for him, what a great accomplishment!