Thursday, October 11, 2007

SUPER PARENTS TO THE RESCUE!

I LOVE my parents, they are so awesome! They are always here for me when I need them and always have been. The day we found out I was having Urban (which was quite a surprise to all of us) they just jumped in their truck and headed the 4 or 5 hours to our house. It means so much that they dropped everything so they could be here to see their newest grandchild. It was so wonderful to have them here, they were such a HUGE help. My dad was here from Sunday thru Tuesday then went home to take care of their animals and stuff then came back on Saturday to get my mom because she stayed the whole week. I was in the hospital until Wednesday and it was such a relief knowing that they were there to take care of Addison while Jared went to work and school. They did a ton of stuff while they were here. I wasn't prepared for the little guy and while I had most things I needed there were still a few things missing and his nursery was in shambles! Well, my mom ran out and got all the remaining items we needed and helped to organize and put things away. She also fixed up the car seat (it had some pink on it from Addison so she covered it up and it looks great). She also managed to whip up some cute new decorations for Addison's room. She did a million other things while she was here too like cook & clean, get her own work done on her computer and drive us back and forth to doctor's appointments. I still can't figure out how she did it all! The most important thing both of my parents did though was make Addison feel extremely special the entire time they were here. The main thing I worried about with having another child is making sure Addison did not feel left out since babies are SO time consuming. Bapa and Bama made sure that did not happen. They took her out to eat, took her shopping, played with her, read her books, watched Diego and Lady and the Tramp over & over & over again (I think they both have those movies memorized now!). Addison loved it and she was so sad to see them go. The first morning after they left when she woke up the first thing she did was ask for bama and bapa and she seemed so sad that they weren't there. She kept looking around the house hoping to find them somewhere. I am SO GRATEFUL that they were there that week to help us out and to focus so much time and attention on Addison, as she is having a bit of a hard time adjusting to our new addition and this helped out so much and made things easier on all of us. Thank you mom and dad, I will never be able to fully express my gratitude. WE LOVE YOU!!!

3 comments:

Nick said...

I hear ya sista. Mom and Dad are the bestest! I miss living by them. They were always there when I needed them, heck even with me being 1200 miles away their both still there for me through the phone and internet to help me out. Wish I could have been there to see little Urban...I am so excite to meet him and see everyone!

RC said...

THANK YOU FOR YOUR SWEET WORDS, BUT IT WAS OUR PLEASURE TO "HELP" OUT. WE WOULD NOT HAVE MISSED BEING THERE FOR ANYTHING. WE WOULDN'T EVEN SAY IT WAS HELP, JUST OUR PLEASURE. ADDISON IS A SWEETHEART, AND A LOVE, WE HAD SUCH FUN WITH HER. URBAN IS ABSOLUTELY PRECIOUS. WE MISS THEM AND YOU GUYS TERRIBLY. SOME HOW, SOME WAY, WE MUST ALL FIGURE OUT A WAY TO BE CLOSER TO EACH OTHER, WE MISS OUR LITTLE BUGS, AND OUR KIDDO'S. IT IS TRULY AN HONOR TO HAVE THREE SUCH WONDERFUL CHILDREN, TWO GREAT SON-IN-LAWS, AND A SWEET DAUGHTER-IN-LAW TO BE. DON'T EVEN GET US STARTED ON THE FIVE CUTEST, SMARTEST, FUNNEST, LOVING, GRANDCHILDREN IN THE WORLD. WE ARE SO BLESSED, SO THANK YOU, TO ALL OF YOU GUYS. WE LOVE YOU. MOM & DAD

Heather said...

Amen to that! I wish I could have been there to help too. I am pretty much useless, huh? I wish we all lived closer!