Tuesday, September 25, 2007

I'M A BIG GIRL NOW!

Addison Rose is reaching new phases that make her seem like such a big girl and I have such mixed emotions about it. On the one hand it's so fun and exciting to watch her reach these new milestones in her life and see how proud she is of herself when she accomplishes them. On the other hand it makes me so sad to know that she's not my baby any more and never will be again (although to some extent she will ALWAYS be my baby whether she likes to admit it or not). This first picture is one that she will inevitably hate me for some day when she's older, but I couldn't resist. For the past couple of weeks she's been asking to sit on the toilet to go to the bathroom. It's pretty much just been a game, she'll sit up there for a couple of minutes, wipe and then get down to wash her hands. She hadn't actually gone on the toilet until one night we came home and I told her I had to go as I was racing to the bathroom. She then told us that she had to go too. I told her I couldn't help her because I had to go (plus I figured she was just copying me) and she got FRANTIC! She started crying and holding herself like she really had to go. This surprised us because like I said, it's really just been a game up to this point. So Jared took her into the bathroom and she actually went. I would have thought it was just coincidence, but she knew she had to go and she was adamant about using the toilet instead of going in her diaper. Now this is in no way meant to imply that she's potty trained, as a matter of fact this happened last Monday and she has not sat on the toilet since. We figure she just needs a little more time.The next set of pictures also represent a new stage in her "big girl life". On Sunday night we took her crib out of her room and replaced it with her new toddler bed set that my parents made for her. It is so adorable and perfect for her room. The set came complete with 2 night stands, a toddler bed and a toy unit which was badly needed to contain her big toy mess.
We had Addison stay out of her room while we were setting it up so it would be a surprise when she saw it. I love the look on her face when she first walked into her room.

She immediately ran up to the bed with a huge smile on her face and laid down on it. She loves her new pillow (as she's never slept with one before) and was so excited to go night night in her big girl bed.

When she was done checking out her new bed she headed over to the toy unit and started pulling out all of her fun toys. I swear even though she's had most of these toys forever most of them seemed new to her because she was actually able to see what they were. They weren't just strewn about in a huge messy pile on her floor.
She's done really well sleeping in her bed the last couple of nights, we haven't had any problems. She looks so cute in it, I LOVE IT! We're still trying to work out some kinks at nap time though. =)
All we've really done so far is get her furniture in her room, I haven't decorated yet. Once I'm done with all of that fun stuff I'll post more pictures so you can see how it turned out. I love her new "semi" big girl room. It's so cute and girly and just perfect for her. Thank you so much grandma and bapa for all of your help and hard work!

5 comments:

Heather said...

She is such a doll! I LOVE HER FURNITURE!!!! It is so cute! And so perfect for her!

Cowgirl at Heart said...

Wow what a great start on the potty training! That's the first big step. Her bedroom is so cute! I totally love it! Can't wait to come see it in person. Hug my Addison for me

RC said...

AWWW, I LOVE THE START OF HER BIG GIRL ROOM, IT IS GOING TO BE SO DARN ADORABLE ONCE WE GET IT ALL FINISHED, WE WILL BE BACK TO HELP, SORRY WE KIND OF ABANDONED YOU. IT WAS SUCH A THRILL FOR US TO HAVE MADE THIS FURNITURE FOR HER, WE ENJOYED DOING IT, AND WE WILL GET SO MUCH JOY SEEING HER ENJOY IT THROUGH THE YEARS. THANK YOU FOR ALLOWING US TO DO THIS. WE WISH WE COULD MAKE FURNITURE FOR KIDS ROOMS ALL THE TIME, WHAT A FUN JOB THAT WOULD BE. :) HOPE THE NAP TIME GETS BETTER! THAT IS A GREAT START TO POTTY TRAINING, KEEP WORKING WITH HER, WHO KNOWS BY THE TIME HER BABY BROTHER GETS HERE, SHE MIGHT BE POTTY TRAINED?? HOW COOL WOULD THAT BE!!!

Jamie said...

YAY for you! It will be so nice to only have to deal with ONE in diapers......that's a proud moment Mama!

Melanie said...

Tori's potty training was late by most people's standards...but it was so easy! She just asked to wear her big girl panties one day and never wore a diaper again =)
Congrats to Addison for knowing how to get the job done! She's definately on her way to being a "big girl" but of course, not too big.