Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Birthday Par-tay!

I had such a fabulous weekend, I didn't want it to end! My parents arrived on Friday and brought the most adorable bedroom furniture for Addison that they made from scratch. I can't believe how talented they are, it's beautiful. I'll post pictures once her new "big girl room" is completely finished. Then later that day Heather completely surprised me by showing up at my house. I had no idea she was coming, it was the best surprise ever! I had so much fun with my family. We all get along so well, it's great to be around each other. We had a very busy weekend. Friday night was Addison's 2nd birthday party. She's really into puppies right now so that was the theme of her party. Then Saturday morning was my baby shower. My sister in law Trecia planned it for me and did such a good job, it was very sweet of her to put it all together. It was so nice to have my family here for all of that. Then we also took maternity pictures, 2 year old pictures of Addi, ate some food, did some shopping, visited, laid out decorating plans for the nursery and Addison's room and ate some more! All of the pictures turned out SO CUTE! You'll have to check out Heather's blog to see some of them. I was my typical self and didn't get hardly any pictures, but I posted a few that I did take. The first 3 are from our individual family party on her actual birthday.
Table set up at party.

Grandma and Addison looking at presents.

Princess Addi playing dress-up with new gifts.

Doghouse I made out of cardboard boxes for kids to play in. The cat seems to think it's for her, but the kiddos had fun with it.

This picture is for Caiden. He picked this dress out for Addison and wanted to see her in it. She loves it Caiden, thanks a lot!

5 comments:

Heather said...

I have more party pics, I will have to send them to ya! It was a great weekend! I just showed Caiden Addi's pic in the dress, he said "awww, she looks like a princess." They are both just too cute.

RC said...

THANKS TO ALL, TO QUOTE A MOVIE, "I HAD THE TIME OF MY LIFE".
IT WAS A WAY FUN TIME. ADDISON IS SUCH A LITTLE SWEETIE, AND SHE MAKES THE PERFECT PRINCESS. CAIDEN DID SUCH AN AWESOME JOB ON THAT DRESS IT WAS ADORABLE. I WILL TRY TO GET BACK THERE SOON, TO FINISH HELPING YOU WITH THE NURSERY AND MISS ADDISONS "BIG" GIRL ROOM. I TOO, HAVE PICTURES OF THE WEEKEND I WILL SEND TO YOU. IT WAS A PERFECT WEEKEND.

Melanie said...

What fun! She looks absolutely adorable in the dress Caiden picked out...he's got quite the eye for fashion. =) Birthday parties are so much fun with kids.
Tori's last big one was JoJo's Circus and all (11) of her cousins were there.

Nick said...

She had a little something all over her mouth in one of those pictures up there Nollie. You might want to clean that off if you already havnt. All joking aside, very good pictures. It looks like you guys had fun. She is growing up so fast it seems like

Jamie said...

Those are too cute! I LOVE the doghouse! Cute idea. Isn't it always nice to have family around for holidays? Don't worry about stealing Heather from me, I was ok with it.......this time! hee hee ;) I knew she'd be back for the baby, so I could wait! She was having too much fun with you guys anyways! Glad it was nice!