Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Every day this month!

It's March 1st and I've got the fever! No, not Bieber fever but Spring fever. I know we've still got our fair share of cold weather & snow to endure but I long for the days of sunshine & warmth. Today was a pretty day. Very bright & sunny and not too cold outside. It filled me with hope that winter will not stay forever.

Well, winter is not the only unwelcome guest around these parts. My home has turned into a disorganized, chaotic mess! It's been this way for quite some time. I just don't even know where to start. I can't figure this house out...I don't know what to do with it. I don't know why it's so difficult but it is and I can't stand it any more. Seriously, this house is going to drive me to the looney bin. I think I'm already well on my way.

A home should feel clean, peaceful, welcoming, comfortable, happy & harmonious. I don't feel like our home is any of those things because it's in such disarray.

So my goal for the month is to accomplish one task or project every single day. Something that will help to organize, de-clutter, maximize function or beautify my home. This can be as simple as purging old baby things, going through a junk drawer or clearing out the junk room. Yes, I have an entire room devoted to junk. It started out as a craft room but has since turned into a crap room. Everything I don't use any more or don't know what to do with gets thrown in there. Some things may just take an hour and some may take a couple of days but no matter what, something will get done every day. It just has to. I want to enjoy my home again.

6 comments:

Brooke and Darin said...

We have a junk room too! Ever since Rachel and Vagner moved in downstairs we don't have ANY storage so everything gets piled in our extra room. It's frustrating...I know how you feel. I hoping to do the same when I'm finished with school. Let me know how it goes :)

Cami said...

What a great goal! I think every house has a junk room, or at least a junk closet or drawer that drives you crazy every time you look in there. We haven't had an entire room devoted to junk for a long time, but now the junk just seems to get spread out all over the place! I'm in a purging mood - April and I are having a yard sale in May, want to join?

Lindsay said...

I feel that way about my drawers... feels like every drawer in my kitchen is a junk drawer.. drives me nuts. That's a great goal though. There is nothing I love more than de-junking =)

Levi and Cynthia Wilde said...

What a super goal! Since I've started staying home...I've tried to start cleaning up and de-cluttering my house. I can't believe that just Levi and I have so much stuff! I don't just have a junk room...I have a junk basement!! I've made one trip to the DI (and several to the garbage can) and I plan on making some more. I too want my home to be a relaxing and peaceful place everytime Levi comes home. The whole spirit of your home changes when it is all clean. It just makes me feel "new" or something when I've finally organized or cleaned something up!! Good luck!

Julander Family said...

I want your ambition! My home too is feeling like somewhere I just want to avoid! Maybe I'll take a cue from you and start/finish my projects to dejunk, declutter, function and beautify! Thanks for the inpiration!

Jennifer Richins said...

How has it been going Hollie? I need to do the same thing. Only I need to ship Rhett and Chase off because they are big distractions!